Thursday 17 March 2011




 

On Sunday I put some of the most delicious food in my belly from Cuvee at Simonsig wine farm. The best part about this restaurant is that for every dish there is an option of a full or half portion. Half portions range from R50 to R90. They encourage you to try as many as many dishes as your stomach will allow.


To start I had:
salad of beetroot, goats cheese and fresh cherries with aged balsamic vinegar
For my main:
grilled almond coated white fish with sweet carrots, lemon and nectarine butter
And for the all important dessert:
classic creme brulee scented with madagascan vanilla served with an almond biscuit

Other favourites at the table:
cape malay bobotie samosas with malmesbury yoghurt and antoinette malan’s muscat jam
fillet of pork with thyme and parsley crust and juniper blueberry butter
(I’m not a massive ‘pork person’ but apparently you have to order this if you’re a pork enthusiast)
Would be very happy to eat there every day for the rest of my life. Beautiful restaurant,  tasty food, lovely wine.. need I say more.

No comments:

Post a Comment