Friday 26 August 2011

Swan Lake

Last night I went to see Swan Lake with some of my best females. It was absolutely beautiful. Ballet is a subject I am not well-versed on but I was able to appreciate the performance anyway. I am one of those annoying people who like to comment all the way through movies but this had me silent for a good 2 and a half hour. I was completely mesmerized. People actually get dressed up to see the ballet, which was refreshing. Although I was not the picture of grace, nearly knocking over an old lady and practically falling down the stairs. I need to work on my ballet-watching etiquette. I think tonight is the last show. It’s at the Artscape Theatre in Cape Town and ticket prices range from R100 – R250.  Book at Computicket. It is the best cure for a bad day at work ;)



Sorry about the lack of photos, but here are some others to inspire you.




This made me think of one of my favourite artists Edgar Degas. He use to paint ballerinas. I grew up with his prints on my bedroom walls.


Ballet Rehearsal, 1873

The Dance Class, 1873–1876

No comments:

Post a Comment